All of my travel diary posts will now have this header! What do you think?
Hey ya'll! It has been forever or more like 7 months. How embarrassing!
I first started blogging about a 1 1/2 ago and I have to admit I kind of got lost in it. I took a couple steps back and got more involved in work and I forgot to take those steps back toward it - Whoops!
I also want to say thank you to everyone who has ever mentioned or walked up to me to ask where are posts already! So here it is . . . . .
Carnival Pride Cruise!
Now Gary and I have made our rounds, Cancun, Vegas, Japan, Dominican but we never tried cruising before (as the cruising veterans call it.) I'm telling you now it was AWESOME!! It was seriously a floating hotel and I loved every minute of my stay. We left from Baltimore heading to the Bahamas for a 7 day cruise and I was worried we would be bored until we reached warmer weather. But we were always busy! They had an loads of activities and every night they would deliver a schedule of everything that was happening on the ship. They had a lot of great things that adults would appreciate as well like really funny comedians, formal dining nights (my favorite!!), and a night club. So suffice it to say we were never bored (and very often drunk :)
A couple things to keep in mind when cruising:
1. Purchase bottles of liquor and have it delivered to your room through a service the cruise offers or pre-purchase a drink plan. Average drink price is $8-$9.
2. They have many dining options available for those of you who have dietary needs - like vegatarian, low sugar, and kosher food.
3. Pack both summer and winter clothes when traveling during the winter - especially since the cruise ship was kept at a very cool temperature.
4. A lot of people dressed formally every night for dinner so I will definitely be bringing more dresses on my next cruise (aw man ;-)
5. Internet is hella expensive even preordered plans will run you $90 for 2 hours and make sure to download all your books on your kindle before you board the ship.
6. Turn your phone on airplane mode to avoid roaming charges to still use your phone for other things.
7. The cruise offers excursions like jeeping or snorkeling that you can book through them if you want. It's expensive ($60-$150) and I would suggest booking on whether or not you just want to chill or run around and see stuff. It's nice to book through the cruise cause if for example a bus breaks down or something happens they will contact the ship and they will wait for you at the port.
8. If you want to just go to the beach at Port Canaveral I would suggest taking a taxi. A lot of people a lot of people will solicit you to take their shuttle once you get off the ship. We took a shuttle and it stopped by a small market that had nothing of interest there and we had to wait for another shuttle to take us to the beach.
9. Book a cruise! They are amazing!
|The Carnival Pride in all its glory. Floating Paradise|
|Beautiful at sea views|
|Sunset view of the pool deck area|
|Formal Dining Night. Yay!|
And those drinks are vodka redbulls in case anyone was wonderingShirt: JcPenny, Slacks: (will get back to you on that one)
Dress: Gifted from Ruthie ;) necklace: Marco Biecego
And conveniently a view our room in the background
|Last Selfie I swear!|
All ready for a night "in!"
Shirt: Wetseal, Skirt: Thrifted, Shoes: Target
|At our first port of call - Port Canaveral|
Gary: Shirt: Tommy Hilfiger, Shorts: Izod, Shoes: Naot, Bag: Ben Sherman
Me: Shirt: "Borrowed" from my sister, Skirt: H&M, Flip flops: DVF, Shades: Amazon, Necklace: F21, Bag: Shoedazzle
|Second stop Nassau! |
Gary: Shirt: Hurley, Shorts: Izod, Shoes: Naot
Me: Dress: L.A.M.B., Shoes: DVF, Necklace: Bought on the Island :), Shades: F21
There were a lot of stalls along the beach but only a few used fresh fruit for their drinks.
Definitely stop in and double check that they do!
|Made with fresh coconut milk, pineapples, |
and rum and apparently sugar from the picture?! lol
|In case you're wondering why I am always lookin so squinty - my eyes |
are super sensitive and sun+eye make up = killer eyes
|Best part of vacationing . . . . beach hair! |
The whole trip I didn't use any products!
My hair hates expensive products but loves the sea go figure! (or maybe it's my inner Ariel?)
|Freeport our final port :(|
Gary: Shirt: Expres, Shorts: Izod, Shoes: Naot
Me: Dress: (Can I call it that?) Anthropology, Skirt: H&M, Shoes: DVF, Bikini: local shop, Shades: Amazon
|Quick pic in a local square|
Everyone open their little shop and stall when the ship comes in and closes as we pull out lol
|Last day at sea :( |
So last time to pose in front of a beautiful backdrop
Gary: Shirt: Saks 5th Ave, Shorts: Izod, Shoes: Naot
Me: Shirt: Old Navy, Shorts: J Crew, Shoes: Famous Footwear, Necklace: Thrifted, Earrings: David Yurman
|Beautiful view while dining ;)|
|Can you guess what this chocolate is filled with?|
|We finished these two bottles (and a bottle of wine) |
just between the two of us in less than 7 days
|Stocked up at the duty free store. Who is coming over for Friday night dinner? ;) lol|
Now go book a cruise!