Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Travel Diary: Cedar Point Rapids!

Weekend Getaway time!

   There are times when we just get so restless that we will do anything to just git outa town! We made the quick drive from Pittsburgh to Sandusky, Ohio in three short hours  last Saturday night. The 70 mph would've been awesome if there wasn't road work every ten miles?! We stayed in a cheapo Days Inn hotel a couple miles away from you guessed it Cedar Point Amusement park. 

Fun facts about the hotel we stayed in:

  • Never sleep in a room across the ice machine you WILL  stay up all night.
  • Double bed rooms suck. 
    • While I refuse to sleep in a separate bed then my husband, he is much taller than me (full 12 inch difference) and he hogs up a lot of space in the full sized bed and I neeeed my sleeping space like most Kamensky's (my maiden name.) I stuck it out for love. 
  • Also . . . the power went out for hours after the storm and the internet went down and they didn't let us use the pool after the storm :-P


It's always interesting going to amusement parks with Gary since he is a Grandpa and doesn't love rides. He says he does it because he likes to watch my face filled with glee as we twist and turn and go upside down on nauseating ridess.  * Siiiiiiiiiigh * I like going to appease my inner child.


I have no idea why everything was Snoopy themed?
Lover!
Proud endorser of Wingman!
And how hot does he make them look?
Don't answer that just nod your head in mutual agreement
They had a mini petting zoo! How cute are these baby goats!!
Please take note of my super comfy practical :-P shoes
Shirt: Gifted (Montreal Neuroscience conference that Gary went to that I gladly missed - never ever go there in the winter), Shorts: J. Crew, Shoes: Converse, Bag: ShoeDazzle, Earrings: Gifted (Mexico), Shades: F21
Little Boys and Their Toys
Shirt: Tommy Hilfiger, Shorts: Target, Shoes: Naot
Why the change of clothes you may ask? Every diva knows to maintain awesomeness by switching it up :-)

. . . . .  but really I'm indecisive and I changed into this muumuu dress for during and post water rides Gary is so fond of
Crazy Wildness Floral Print Lady
Dress: H&M $5 steal!!
Clearly enjoying our amusement park goodies 
Snuggling up in our temporary shelter in a photobooth.
What is up with that pinkness? I slathered on SO MUCH sunscreen!!
The Tornado Warning Worthy storm!
The HUGE hail!
I am so glad we weren't on that!
Talk about a happy ending! 
God making it up to us
All in all a good trip because I got to have my lover all to myself :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment