Monday, April 16, 2012

Baby/NYC/Spinach Cheese Bites


Last Wednesday my sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. She will be naming him at the bris milah ceremony this coming Wednesday.

Soooo I will be hopping on a megabus with my handy dandy kindle and visiting a little place some people like to call New York City for the weekend to go meet this widdle cutie patootie.

I swear I will not make this fashionable tasty travel blog into a my-baby-is-cuter-than-yours blog. But since I am sure you are curious here is a picture to appease you :-).

C'mon how cute is this tiny whiny little teensy tinsy little guy




Are you hungry?

        Lazy?

            In love with cheese?

                Like to pretend to be healthy?

                    Could use some fiber in your life?


Well if you answered yes to any of these questions (you'd have to be not breathing to answer no) do I have the perfect recipe for you *exaggerated wink*

Spinach Cheese Bites

All mixed up and ready to be rolled

Plucked fresh from the ground and frozen in little cubes waiting for your use

Can be purchased at Trader Joe's and most grocery stores









Can you resist?

Spinach Cheese Bites:

1 cube of Garlic
2 cubes of Basil
1 pkg of frozen spinach
1/2 c. ricotta cheese (could use skim or low fat)
1 c. mozzarella cheese
3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 pkg of puff pastry sheets (NOT shells - my husband once brought these home for me and it did NOT work for my intended purposes lol)


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease a pan with Pam
3.  Defrost spinach in microwave or if you are a microwave hater in the oven for a couple minutes
4. Squish the liquid from spinach
5. Mix spinach and remaining ingredients in a large bowl
6. Cut puff pastry sheet into three, then cut each strip into thirds and cut the thirds into triangles
7. Roll spinach & cheese mixture into small balls, place in triangle and wrap the dough around it
8. Whip egg and brush balls
9. Pop those babies into the oven and wait 25 min and check on them after that regularly
10. Remove and let cool and do your best not to inhale them all at once

Enjoy!


Oooo I almost forgot! Prelude to my next post . . . . . .

  




No comments:

Post a Comment