Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Met Gala Ball May 7, 2012

I tuned in to Vogue's live feed and was tweeting throughout the night on the looks I loved @FashFirecracker (follow me for more fun).

I divided the looks from the Met Gala into 3 categories.
 I)   To Die For
 II)  Could've Done Better
 III) What Were You Thinking?!

Top Ten To Die For Looks: Color, Color, Color

Other Looks I Loved:
Anna Wintour, Lea Michelle, Gisele, Solange Knowles, Rihanna, Leighton Meester

Scarlett Johansson, Kirsten Dunst, Mary Kate Olsen, Nina Dobrev, Jessica Alba

January Jones in Atelier Versace
Best dressed of the night!
Camilla Belle in Ralph Lauren
Runner Up for Best Dressed. Sigh her perfection is nearly unbearable
Ginnifer Goodwin in Monique Lhuillier
I love the cut and color of this dress on Ginnefer!

Diane Kruger in Prada
The hue of purple is stunning and I love how she didn't over or under accessorize!

Diana Argon in Carolina Herrera
Grecian Goddess with a pop of peplum!
Amber Heard in Zac Posen
Amber's bangin bod is only complimented further by this creation

Emma Stone in Lanvin
This dress is so cute and fun like Emma!

Gwyneth Paltrow in Prada
Sexy AND chic! Love the details on the shoes and pockets!
Amy Adams in Giambattista Valli
People Amy Adams has arrive! She looks breathtaking in this style and her make up is perfection!

Rooney Mara in Givenchy
The black lace dress sets off Rooney's porcelain skirt perfectly. I love the peek-a-boo sheerness of bottom of the dress. (although I would love to see her in color)

Could've Done Better:
Carey Mulligan in Prada
She is such a cutie! But the tea length and "A" shape of this dress - not so cute.
Rachel Zoe in Rachel Zoe
I loooove Rachel Zoe but the off the shoulder style and oversized
necklace draw attention to how super slim she is
Beyonce in Givenchy
Beyonce is gorgeousness and so is the dress- but babe I can see your underthings!!!
Please refer to Rooney Mara how its done
Rashida Jones in Tory Burch
Blah print on gorgeous dress

Sarah Jessica Parker in Valentino
Matching shoes?! Oy! This dress is too much material and print
for her slim frame and the cuffs seem like an afterthought.

What Were They Thinking? Styling Gone Wrong

Chloe Sevigny in Miu Miu
I am not sure what occasion this dress is appropriate for but the Met Gala is NOT it. 
I am a stickler for fit - which her shoes don't!
Kristen Steward in Balenciaga
Oh Kristen . . . the length plus the style of the shoes does nothing for your lean legs.
Cameron Diaz in Stella McCartney
Cameron has a killer bod but this dress makes her looks really broad and hipless
Coco Rocha in Givenchy
I am all for loud color but the only way one can get away with loud is if it's done with elegance - which is a fail here. Maybe if the pants was a full skirt instead this would work - then her tiny waist would be highlighted!
Florence Welch in Alexander McQueen
This first thought that popped into my head was same dress as we always see her in except bigger - not a good thing!


 Photo Credits:
I)    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
II)   1, 2, 3, 4, 5
III)  1, 2, 3, 4, 5,

No comments:

Post a Comment